Arrival and Dismissal
The class day runs from 7:50 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Drop Off Procedures
- Cars will enter the school parking lot entrance on St. Michael’s lane. When you enter the lot please drive and make a full circle to drop off your children. After the students have exited the car please pull forward and exit the school yard. Parents should not cut across the parking lot. If your carpool needs extra time to unload or you are walking in your preschooler or kindergartner please park down by the church.
- For safety reasons and the fact that we are a primary campus we ask that no parents drop off/pick up children on Sutherland or on the side of the school building on St. Michael’s lane.
- Students may not be dropped off before 7:15am. Adult supervision will begin at 7:15am. Grades 1-5 will be supervised in the cafeteria until the bell rings. Preschool and kindergartners will go directly to their classrooms.
Pick Up Procedures
- Cars will enter the west gate from St. Michael’s Lane.
- Cars will park facing forward toward the west gate. Cars should not be put in “Reverse” to move out of a parking spot. Smaller children can’t be seen in mirrors.
- K-5 Students will be dismissed from the barricades to an adult. Adults must pick up their child/carpool from the barricades. Students will not be allowed to be unattended on the parking lot while the gate is closed.
- Preschoolers must be picked up and signed out by an adult at the flagpole area or in the 2 year old classroom.
- All cars must wait until all students are in their cars before moving.
CARS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MOVE IN THE PARKING LOT WHEN THE ENTRANCE FROM ST. MICHAEL IS CLOSED.
Staff members will give the lead dismissal staff member the “thumbs up” when all children are in cars and safe. CARS CANNOT LEAVE UNTIL THE SIGNAL IS GIVEN AND THE GATE IS REOPENED. Once the gate is open, cars will be dismissed by rows to move forward out of the lot.
Parents who need to meet with a teacher, or would like to visit or have their children play on the playground must park along the east fencing closest to church. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE PLAYGROUND UNTIL THE GATE IS REOPENED FOR DISMISSAL .
Parents arriving after the gate is closed at 3:00 may park on a side street and walk to the barricade to pick up their child.
All students will be released to an adult from the barricade. Children should not walk unsupervised to meet a parent who is parked outside the lot.
Students Leaving Early
The following is what you need to do if your child has to leave school early:
- A written request from parent or guardian is required for a student to leave school prior to dismissal. The note must state the reason for dismissal, the name of the adult who will pick up the child, and the time the child will be picked up.
- The adult must pick up the child in the School Office, not the classroom. No child will be dismissed directly from the classroom for any reason. This is for the safety and protection of the child.
- A child who misses more than two hours of school for an appointment will be considered absent one-half day, and more than four hours will be considered absent a full day.