A variety of activities will be provided, including team and individual games and fitness training/testing, which promote mental, social, and physical well-being. Principles of exercise, fitness, and movement skills will also be addressed.
The Holy Cross Academy middle school curriculum objectives for Health and Physical Education address the areas of safety, nutrition, mental health, disease prevention, violence prevention, human life cycles, alcohol, tobacco, and drug prevention.
The Physical Education Program at Holy Cross Academy will be aligned with state requirements and guided by the six national standards for physical education. They are:
- Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.